Saturday, July 13, 2013

Button Wreath

I love button art.  I love how subtle it is and how elegant it can be.  For a Christmas themed swap I made my girls button wreath.  Each one was slightly different but overall the same basic idea.  


Items Needed:
10" Canvas or 10" wooden board
Scrapbook Paper
Buttons
Adhesive or Glue of choice
Ribbon
Modpodge
Glue Dots / Zots

Directions:
1.  Cut scrapbook paper to fit canvas/board.  I chose to cover the edges of my board with paper as well.

2.  Modpodge paper to canvas/board and allow to dry.

3.  Using 3 different sizes of buttons, begin with a center circle.  Mine were 16 small buttons to create my center.  Glue them in a circle, center to your canvas/board.

4.  Once your inner circle is glued down, begin with the next size of button and go around the first button ring, gluing down all your buttons.

5.  Once you have two rows of buttons down, using your largest buttons, glue down your third row.

6.  With your ribbon, tie a bow to your preferred size.  

7.  Using Glue Dots/Zots attach bow to top button.  (I originally tried to glue the bow on but that did not work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment