Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wooden Block Picture

So this concept can be used for any photo.  I however LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo of Christ's hand making the sign of I love you and showing his nail print.  I think the message is so simple and so powerful that I can't help but continue to make these for everyone I know.  The best part is that they work for just about any holiday.  Christmas, Easter, Valentines etc.  I've made them in two versions.  The black with red ribbon and the gray with gray/silver ribbon.  


Items Needed:
2x8" board
5x7 Photo of choice
Sand Paper
Paint color of choice
Wired ribbon of choice
Glue Dots or Zots

Directions:
1.  Cut 2x8" board into 9" length pieces.

2.  Sand board edges as they will be rough.  Also sand out any rough spots in the wood.

3.  Paint the entire block using your paint color choice.  

4.  Once dry, if you choose (see left block) sand edges to give it a distressed look.  If you do this, ensure that you wipe the block very well before attaching photo.

5.  Using 5x7 photo of choice, put glue dots or Zots on the back along the edges of the photo and attach to wooden block.  If you want to use the same photo I did, then order it from the actual artist (Don't Steal!).  It can be ordered from Darin Ashby and will take a few days to arrive.

6. Attach wired ribbon to block to add an extra element to photo.   

No comments:

Post a Comment