Sunday, June 23, 2013

Valentines Love Blocks

My friend Julie made this for me in a valentines swap.  I 'LOVE' it and will be displaying it EVERY year!  I especially love how I can stack the blocks any way I choose so it can fit just about anywhere!



Items Needed:
Wooden Fence Post
Sand Paper
Paint - color of choice
Scrapbook Paper
Wooden Letters
ModPodge
Glue Gun
Paper Trimmer

Directions:
1.  Cut wooden Fence post into 5" pieces.

2.  Sand each block so there are no rough edges or spots.

3.  Paint each block with color of choice.

4. Cut paper to 5x5" pieces.

5.  Modpodge paper onto wooden blocks.  
Once paper is on, add another coat of modpodge to top of paper.

6.  Paint your wooden letters with color of choice.

7.  Using a hot glue gun, glue wooden letters onto wooden blocks as pictured above.

No comments:

Post a Comment