Sunday, June 23, 2013

Patriotic 2x4 Craft

My friend Casey made this for me in a swap.  I love how simple and yet amazing it is and it's even something I had pinned!  These directions are based on the one she sent me, though can be adapted to your specific preference. 




Items Needed:
 30" piece of 2x4 wood
Wooden Star
Red Paint
White Paint
Blue Paint
Wood Stain
Wired Ribbon

Directions:
1.  Cut 2x4 down into the following incriments:
(2) 7" Pieces
(4) 4" pieces

2.  Stain the blocks of wood (or skip this step and go to #3 - your choice)

3.  Paint the fronts only in alternating colors as shown above. (Though you could easily just paint the entire block)

4.  Attach star onto the blue wood block using the wood glue of your choice.

5.  Stack all the blocks - one on top of another laying flat with the blue block 
(and blank block behind it) standing up. 

6.  Tie wired ribbon around entire block set to keep them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment