Monday, January 28, 2013

Rockin Birthday

For my daughters 1st Birthday we had a rockin' one.  She loved to dance. 

So I made this vinyl cake stand (sorry for it being so dusty, it was almost a year later that I took this photo) that I used for snacks in cupcake wrappers and I also made a record banner.  

However, I ran out of time and wasn't able to put a message on the banner, which would have been cute!  

Both were simple to make and added the right touch. 
We also had records hanging from the windows and as a "wreath" on the door.  
The invitations were all typed up and pasted to a record as well.



To make the stands, I used a small, medium and large record (no idea what they are actually called as it's before my time.  Then I ordered the center stand piece on ebay from China.  

For the banner, I took small records and punched two holes at the 2 and 10 spot of each record.  Then strung ribbon through them and hung them up.  Super simple and cute.  (Though it would have been cuter with a saying on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment