Sunday, October 28, 2012

Candy Corn Wood Blocks

Last year I had a 2x4 piece of wood laying around.   So I had my husband cut it down into triangles.  They made great candy corns!  They are simple and add just the right touch to my fall decorations - Plus my daughter loves to play with them.




Items Needed:
2x4 wood piece - any size
Saw to cut
Paint: white, yellow & orange
Sand paper
Painters Tape
Paint brush

Directions:
1.  Cut your wood at an angle to get triangles.  A basic idea of geometry is helpful here.

2.  Sand your wood to smooth out the rough edges.  

3.  Using painters tape, tape off the middle section.  

4.  Paint the top white and the bottom orange.  

5.  Once dry, peal away the tape and then tape the white and orange sections.  

6.  Paint the middle yellow.  

As you can see they are great to create a candy corn pie, to jump over or even stack.  My daughter has come up with so many uses and games for these.  They are a great holiday addition to any home.

No comments:

Post a Comment