Thursday, December 5, 2013

Altered Recipe Tin

My friend Tanya made one of these for a co-worker of mine (before I knew her) years ago.  I fell absolutely in love with it and BEGGED her to make me one too.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  Seriously, probably one of my favorite things I've ever gotten.  Every time I look at it a huge smile comes across my face.  I've loaded it full of my favorite recipes (pre Pinterest) and it looks so cute on my counter.  I especially love all the tiny details she put into it.  

Each divider is unique, cute and ageless.  (And yes we know Desserts is spelled wrong).
The top has a crackle finish, the ribbons are all color coordinating and there is even a charm hidden in there.  Seriously, what is there NOT to love about this?!

I've made several recipe boxes based on this example.  This works great as a card box too as it's the perfect size for most cards!












Items Needed:
LOTS of ribbon
Coordinating paper
Embellishments
Letters
Computer/Printer
Paint
Crafting tools - paper cutter, modpodge, scissors
Ink

Directions:
Use your imagination and design and create fun boxes filled with recipes, cards or even photos!  The ideas are endless.  If you can't find this kind of tin, then use another.  Just remember to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment