Friday, December 13, 2013

Press & Seal Life Hack

This is in no way a craft.  In fact, it's not even cute.  But it IS creative and in all honesty, I don't want to forget it, so I'll post it on here for future reference.  It's one of those "duh" things that my husband came up with.  

We are currently living in an apartment in Colorado.  And this particular apartment door is a disaster.  Seriously the door is practically useless when it comes to keeping our "bought" air inside the apartment.  When it's sunny you can see right through the cracks to the outside world.  After talking to the complex about this problem, they informed us they couldnt' do anything and good luck. 

So after re-weather stripping the door (which didn't seem to help at all), my husband came up with this GENIUS idea.  Ok so it's ugly, but holy guacamole does it work!  

We press and seal our door.  Thin strips of press and seal around the edges when it's closed and suddenly my heater is only working half as much!  Seriously, it was amazing how quickly my home became warm when that door was sealed up.  During the days, when we go out, we just pull the press and seal off, attach it to the middle of the door and reuse it again when it's closed.  Thus far we've been using the same strips of press & seal for a week and they are still going strong.

This was CHEAP, practical and has made a HUGE difference for us when it comes to keeping my home warm.  I can't wait to see the difference on my heating bill.  Since it has worked so well for the winter, I know it will work just a great in the summer when we are trying to keep the AC inside!  


No comments:

Post a Comment