Monday, November 18, 2013

Oreo Turkeys

I have been making Oreo Turkeys for 11 years now.  This year, I got my 3 year old daughter involved in making them too.  She loved it, I loved doing a craft with her and we both loved sharing them with our neighbors afterwards!  Here's how I make mine!

Items Needed:
Oreos Regular Stuffed
Icing and an Icing bag (I use a ziploc with the tip snipped)
Cordial Cherries (I like to ensure every turkey comes with a heart)
Red Hots (the ones in the baking isle are smaller and work better - 
my store was out of them so I used the boxed candy kind which are much larger)
Candy Corn

Directions:
Before you begin, cut/break off the white tip of a candy corn to be used as a beak.  
Cut off two yellow ends of candy corns to be used as feet.
Red Hots will become eyes
Cordial Cherry will be a nice plump body 


1.  Twist open your Oreo! 
2.  Eat the broken ones!

3.  Put a medium dollop of icing in the center of the half with the most cream.  
4.  Put a small dollop of icing on the side of the half with the least amount of cream. 

5.  On the small dollop (less cream) side, gently squish down your cordial cherry.
6.  On the side with the medium dollop, squish down 5 candy corns in a fan shape.  
White tip down, yellow tip out.


7.  On the back of the cordial cherry, put a thick layer of icing down on the 
Oreo and up the back of the cherry.  

8.  Squish feather oreo side to back of cherry side.

9.  Put a 3 small dollops of icing on the cherry as shown below.

10.  Place red hot eyes onto cherry.
11.  Place Beak on cherry between the red hot eyes.

12.  Put icing on the yellow candy corn feet.
13.  Attach feet to turkey.

Ta Dah!  A cute little turkey that even the littlest ones will love eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment