Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Reversible Cup Cozy

I don't drink coffee, but do enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate every once in a while.  So when it came time to do a 'sewing' swap, I decided to whip up a few of these for my crafting buddies.  

They hare reversible with a button latch and once you get the idea, are pretty easy to make.  I recommend making a bunch of them in a huge batch and then holding onto them as they make great gifts and stocking stuffers.  Just imagine one of these around an empty Starbucks cup with a gift card inside!  Simple, cute and something everyone can use!


Items Needed:
1.  (2) different fabrics (if you want them reversible).
2. A sewing machine!
3.  (2) buttons (one for each side)
4.  An elastic hair band
5.  Felt (inside 'batting')
6.  Scissors
7.  Thread
8.  Iron


Directions:
I did not whip up this pattern all by myself.  I actually followed a tutorial I found and tweaked it to my tastes.  The tutorial can be found HERE as credit should go to those who actually put the time and effort into making such a tutorial.

As you'll note, instead of batting, I used felt.  I found that it held it's shape better than ordinary batting and absorbed the heat!  I also added a button to each side to make it reversible.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment