Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Stamped Flour Sack Towels

I love Flour Sack towels.  My MIL gave me a bunch of embroidered ones a few years back and they are my FAVORITE present.  At the time of making these, I didn't know how to embroider.  But I did know how to stamp! I made these for a few friends in a craft swap.  I took a phrase I loved and stamped it onto a towel.  In order to do this though, you'll need the right kind of stamps - the kind that don't wash off.

I also made stamped towels for both my Mom and MIL for Christmas one year (or Mother's Day - can't remember).  Anyway, I stamped my daughters hands and feet all around the towel as a cute way to capture her tiny prints.  (This was VERY difficult to do with a squirmy baby - FYI)





Items Needed:
Flour Sack Towels (I purchased mine online)
Versa Craft Ink (any color)

Directions:
1.  Wash Towels.  You want to ensure they wont shrink after you stamp.

2.  Choose a phrase or item to stamp.

3.  Stamp Item onto Towel.  Ensure to press firmly as there is no second chance.

4.  IRON towels.  Heat will help the ink bond to towel.

5.  Wash Again!


No comments:

Post a Comment