Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Patriotic Canvas Picture

In a craft swap, I made my friend Angela this cute canvas print.  I originally saw the print on Pinterest but it was only a lame picture, not the actual printout.  It took me a few weeks to find the ACTUAL printout an when I did, I fell in love with it.  I love the simplicity of it and hope she did too!


Items Needed:
8x10 Canvas
Print out of desired picture. 
Modpodge & sponge brush
Modpodge SPRAY - clear acrylic sealer matt finish
Cutting Board

Directions:
1.  Print out desired picture.  If you like the photo I have above it can be found HERE.

2.  Cut photo to size of canvas.  

3.  Using a sponge brush, glue picture onto canvas.  You may want to turn canvas over and press out all air bubbles that may attempt to stick around.  You want ZERO air bubbles.

4.  Once glue is dry, then using the Modpodge spray adhesive spray on MULTIPLE coats. Allow each coat to thoroughly dry before applying another coat.  I have an inkjet printer.  So my ink smears when I try to brush on modpodge glue.  I learned that the spray on works amazingly well and does not make my ink run! I applied 5 thick coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment