Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wooden Letters

I found this gem in a mom and daughter craft store.  It was small town USA and everything in the shop was made by this mom and daughter duo.  When I saw this, I wanted it; and since it only cost me $10 (which is a steal) I nabbed it.  However, it would be super easy to make myself. 




Items Needed:
Wooden Letters - buy or cut your own
Paint & brush
Mini Hinges
Sand Paper

Directions:
1.  Paint your letters in desired color.  If you wish to do the crackle effect, there are several methods and options so choose which one works best for your talent and budget.

2.  Once painted, sand the edges to give it a distressed look (if desired).

3.  Using mini hinges, attach one or two (as you see fit) to each letter and attach them to the next letter in the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment